Dry ice blast cleaning (also known as CO2 blasting or cryogenic blasting) was developed as a safe, clean alternative to sandblasting, bead blasting, soda blasting, and hand scrubbing. Since its introduction in 1987, dry ice blasting has grown to become a vital part of the cleaning process in a remarkable variety of industries.
Because of the temperature difference between the dry ice particles (-109°Fahrenheit / -78.3°Centigrade) and the surface being treated, thermal shock occurs during the dry ice blasting process. This breaks down the bond between the substrate and the contaminant to be removed from it. The dry ice vaporizes on impact, so no secondary waste stream is created
A number of industries have discovered the advantages of this precision cleaning process. Applications range from heavy slag removal to delicate semiconductor and circuit board cleaning.
Dry ice blasting lets you:
- Remove adhesives, lubricants, paints and other substances from products and equipment without damaging the substrate
- Clean assembled components and equipment, eliminating teardown/rebuild time
- Reduce hazardous waste streams by replacing chemical solvents
- Improve maintenance of sensors and computer components, tooling, hot ovens, conveyor rollers, spray booths and more
- Manage downtime by cleaning your equipment on line
Cryo Blasting is a dry, non abrasive, non-conductive process that leaves no residual media to clean up. It’s the pure and powerful solution for your cleaning and maintenance needs.
- Dry Ice Blasting equipment for Rent or Sale
- Dry Ice rice for blasting made fresh locally at our facilities
- We can bring equipment, dry ice and our Technician to do an onsite demo